Philips Saeco Vienna Plus Automatic Espresso Machine
Here is a great “bean-to-cup” home espresso machine for you to consider if you are looking for one of today’s super-automatic machines that basically just require you to fill the water and coffee beans when they are used up.
Just some of the top features of this machine include a pre-infusion cycle, Optidose technology allowing for 6 to 9 grams of ground coffee per brew (7 grams is the normal amount that is used for a shot of espresso), and many removable parts making clean-up very simple. Below are further details regarding the other fantastic features this machine offers.
Consider the Philips Saeco Vienna Plus automatic espresso machine if you are searching for one of the top-rated super-automatic home espresso machines. This machine is a great value for the price, as it is very super-automatic. If you are searching for a super-automatic home espresso machine, definitely add the Vienna by Saeco to the top of your list. Your travels to the local coffee shop can be a distant memory when you use this one.
This machine utilizes what is called OptiDose technology and an Aroma System pre-brewing process, allowing you to be able to customize the strength as well as consistency of your particular espresso beverages. In addition, this machine features a Pannarello steam wand, allowing you to froth milk flawlessly.
Product Details - This Page (Click Ahead!)
- Is this machine in the Super-Automatic, Automatic, or Semi-Automatic class?
- Is this machine programmable?
- Is this machine easy to use?
- What types of beverages does this machine make?
- How much cup height “clearance” does this machine allow?
- Does this machine use pods/capsules or ground coffee?
- Does this machine have a built-in coffee bean grinder?
- What is the bean hopper size in this machine?
- Does this particular machine have an LCD display?
- What is the frothing capability of this machine?
- What is the brew time length of this machine?
- How many cups at a time can be made with this machine?
- Does it have a cup warmer?
- What colors is this machine available in?
- What type of housing (outside casing) does this machine have?
- What type of water heating system does this machine have?
- Does this machine have dual boilers?
- Is this machine noisy?
- What is the bar pump pressure information regarding this machine?
- What is the water tank size on this machine?
- Is the water tank easy to access?
- Is clean-up easy for this machine?
- What is the weight of this machine?
- What are the dimensions (measurements) of this machine?
- Shipping and Warranty Info.
- What is the wattage of this machine?
- Customer Reviews – Pros & Cons
Is this machine in the Super-Automatic, Automatic, or Semi-Automatic class?
This machine is in the super-automatic class of home espresso machines.
Is this machine programmable?
Programmable features include the following:
- OptiDose technology for choosing the number of beans for each individual espresso, from 6 to 9 ounces.
- A dial that allows the home barista to choose serving sizes from 1 to 8 ounces, followed by the simple push of a button.
- Automatic shut-off after one hour of no use.
Is this machine easy to use?
Because it is a super-automatic machine, it is easy to use once you have learned how the controls work.
What types of beverages does this machine make?
As with all super-automatic home espresso makers, your boundaries are boundless when it comes to choosing which home espresso recipe to serve, to either yourself or your guests, including espressos, mochas, macchiatos, and more.
How much cup height “clearance” does this machine allow?
This machine provides clearance for cups that are approximately 4 inches tall.
Does this machine use pods/capsules or ground coffee?
The Vienna Saeco does not utilize capsules or pods. It instead offers a built-in conical burr grinder that can be set for fine, coarse, or in between — your choice!
If you are, in fact, searching for a machine that uses today’s popular pods/capsules, such as those used with all of the Nespresso machines, consider either the Nespresso Citiz Bundle or the Nespresso Pixie.
There are even machines available that utilize pre-ground coffee and/or capsules. If this is what you think you might be searching for, the Dedica by DeLonghi would be a great consideration, as this machine gives you your choice of using grounds or pods, your choice on a day-to-day basis.
Does this machine have a built-in coffee bean grinder?
Yes, it does. The built-in conical burr grinder for this machine has different settings for coarse and fine grinding, allowing you to go from bean to coffee in no time, and with no fuss or mess.
What is the bean hopper size in this machine?
The bean hopper with this one allows for 12 ounces of your favorite espresso beans.
Does this particular machine have an LCD display?
Although there is no actual LCD display on this home espresso maker, there is a variety of buttons for many different settings. There are also indicator lights located on the front of this machine.
What is the frothing capability of this machine?
The Pannarello frother that is part of this machine gives you rich, yet light froth with every cup brewed. The wand on this machine is an excellent frothing wand if you want to do
What is the brew time length of this machine?
The process of warming up the water with this machine is about 1/2 to 1 minute.
How many cups at a time can be made with this machine?
This home espresso maker allows for brewing one or two cups at the same time. With its programmable settings, you are sure to come up smelling like a rose (or a professional barista)!
Does it have a cup warmer?
One drawback found with this one is that it does not have a cup warmer.
What colors is this machine available in?
This home espresso maker comes in silver and graphite.
What type of housing (outside casing) does this machine have?
The casing is made of plastic for this one. If it is a stainless steel exterior (and interior) you are searching for, consider the DeLonghi Dedica which is, in fact, stainless steel inside and out, and is rated one of the top home espresso machines available.
What type of water heating system does this machine have?
This machine features a stainless-steel boiler.
Does this machine have dual boilers?
No, this machine does not have dual boilers.
Is this machine noisy?
This machine, like most of them, is somewhat noisy, particularly when the machine is tamping the coffee grounds (extracting water through the grounds).
What is the bar pump pressure information regarding this machine?
With this machine comes 15 bars of pump pressure.
What is the water tank size on this machine?
The Vienna has a 57-ounce water tank, which is one of the larger water tanks available on home espresso machines.
Is the water tank easy to access?
The water reservoir is on the back of the machine and is refillable by either removing it from the machine or filling it from the top.
Is clean-up easy for this machine?
With the removable drip tray, dreg drawer, and 57-ounce water tank, both the use and cleaning are very easy. The many detachable components of this machine ensure very simple cleaning and maintenance.
This machine has what is called a removable “brew group,” which means you can also remove the interior parts of the machine, such as the boiler, for much easier cleaning.
What is the weight of this machine?
This machine weighs 21 pounds.
What are the dimensions (measurements) of this machine?
Measures 14 by 15 by 15-1/2 inches.
Shipping and Warranty Info.
Shipping is free if you are an Amazon Prime Member.
A 1-year limited warranty is included with this machine.
What is the wattage of this machine?
This machine is powered with 1,250 watts.
Customer Reviews – Pros & Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons that are actual reports from customers who have purchased and used this espresso machine.
- The milk frother was commented on as being absolutely wonderful, and producing very rich, creamy froth.
- This machine was also noted by customers to have excellent extraction ability.
- Inability to handle large quantities of coffee beans quickly.
- Water tank needs to be filled up about every three days if you are a person who makes two beverages per day.
- There is no indicator to let you know when the spent grounds container is full. Therefore, you will need to keep an eye on this.