Want a top-quality home espresso machine that provides ease of use, is easy to clean up after using, and is constructed of incredibly durable materials that are sure to last a very long time? If so, read this Philips Saeco Intelia One-Touch Cappuccino review to see if this might fit the bill for what you are searching for.
Read this Philips Saeco Intelia One-Touch Cappuccino review if you want yet another great consideration for a home espresso machine.
Top Features include:
- Super-automatic machine that is very easy to use.
- Fully programmable options provide you with complete control over espresso flavor strength, water temperature, auto cleaning/descaling, different cup sizes, and more.
- Coffee bean grinder built right into the machine, for the freshest espresso flavor possible.
- Ease of use and clean-up.
- Constructed of durable, long-lasting, high-quality materials.
Product Details – This Page (Click Ahead!) [show]
This machine is in the super-automatic class of home espresso machines.
Info. Regarding Programmability
This one has fully programmable features, including adjustable coffee strength and temperature, cappuccino making capability with just one touch, and automatic rinsing and descaling/cleaning, just to name a few. Also included is a programmable feature for adjusting the espresso brewing to your particular taste, and programming options for different cup sizes.
Ease of Use
Because of all of its super-automatic features, this machine is very simple to use. Many customers who have used this machine and gone back to write a review have praised the ease with which they were able to be up and running, making espresso from home.
Beverage Types That Can Be Made With This Machine
This machine has the ability to make all types of cappuccinos, lattes, and espressos. Basically anything you can order at your local Starbucks or other coffee shop can be made with this machine, provided you have a good recipe book.
Cup-Height Clearance Information
This machine allows for cup height clearance of about 4.25 inches (in other words, a coffee mug or espresso cup that is no more than 4.25 inches in height). This clearance amount is much greater than the allowance that a large number of machines available provide, which oftentimes is only 2.5 inches.
Info. Regarding Use of Pods Or Grounds
This machine utilizes either coffee beans or pre-ground coffee. It does not use pods/capsules.
Does this machine have a built-in coffee bean grinder?
This home espresso brewer has a built-in ceramic grinder. Ceramic, as opposed to stainless steel or metallic grinders, allows for greater preservation of coffee bean aroma and flavor. Ceramic also prevents that “burnt coffee” taste that some machines produce from their metal grinders. The machine has five different grind settings, from very fine to coarse.
If you are not interested in a machine that has a built-in grinder and perhaps instead are looking for a home espresso machine that uses capsules, Nespresso has a great selection of just these machines. A great consideration would be the Nespresso Citiz with Milk Aeroccino Frother.
Bean Hopper Information
The coffee bean hopper in this homemade espresso machine allows for 300 grams (10.5 ounces) of coffee beans, which is sufficient for about ten servings.
LCD Display Info.
This Philips espresso machine has a great front panel LCD display, as well as many different programmable buttons.
Frothing Capability Information
Milk frothing with the Philips Saeco Intelia is completely automated, based on the patented dual chamber milk carafe. All that is required is for you to pour milk into the milk carafe, insert it in at the front of the machine, and choose which coffee beverage you want to have. Because of this dual chamber feature, you can be guaranteed professional quality espresso beverages with thick, creamy, and long-lasting froth at an optimum temperature.
Brew Time Length Of This Machine
The actual length of brew time was not determined. However, as with most of the higher quality home espresso machines, the wait time is far less than waiting for a pot of coffee to brew.
Single or Double Shots
One or two cups at a time can be made. The quick-heat boiler technology allows for brewing cup after cup with no wait time in between. Thus, you can quickly brew up several espresso beverages, one right after the other, without worrying about losing heat with the first cup you have brewed.
Info. Regarding Cup Warmer
Available Machine Colors
This machine comes in a black and silver combo, which fits in with pretty much all kitchen decor. It is not available in any other colors.
One great home espresso maker that is available in silver, red, and black is the Breville BES870XL.
Machine Casing (Housing)
The housing of this machine is constructed of a stainless steel front panel, grid, and cup holder, and ABS Thermoplastic on the sides and rear side.
If it is something that has more metal/steel in it that you are looking for, consider the Dedica EC680 by DeLonghi, which has a completely stainless steel exterior, as well as all stainless steel interior components.
Water Heating System Info.
This home espresso maker has a stainless-steel boiler. Because the boiler is stainless steel, it is BPA safe.
This machine has a single boiler that has a rapid steam production capacity.
Noise Level Of This Machine
Because this home espresso machine has built-in grinding capability, there will be some noise when the beans are grinding.
You should be aware that there is some noise involved with virtually all home espresso machines, more than you would find with a standard coffee brewer.
Bar-Pump Pressure Information
This machine has 15 bars of pump pressure.
Water Reservoir Size
This machine has a 1.5 liter (50.7 ounces) water tank size.
Water Reservoir Ease of Access Info.
The water tank is easily removable from the front of the machine, so you are not required to slide the machine out from underneath your cupboards.
Machine Clean-Up Information
This product has auto programming for cleaning and descaling (removal of water mineral build-up). All you need to do is add water and descaling solution, and then push a button or two.
The removable drip tray and milk frother are dishwasher safe, allowing for easy clean-up of these parts.
This product weighs 19 pounds.
If it is something more lightweight that you are searching for, check out one of the Nespressos at this site. The Nespresso CitiZ Milk Aerocchino Plus Frother, which weighs in at a mere 10 pounds, although not the lightest weight of the Nespressos, definitely falls into the lightweight category.
This home espresso maker measures in at 13.4 x 10.1 x 17.5 inches.
Shipping and Warranty Info.
Shipping weight is 23.8 pounds. If you are an Amazon Prime member, shipping is free for this product.
This machine has a one-year warranty.
Machine Wattage Information
The Philips Saeco Intelia operates off of 1900 watts.
Customer Reviews – Pros & Cons – Philips Saeco Intelia One-Touch Cappuccino Review
Below are some of the pros and cons that are actual reports from customers who have purchased and used this espresso machine.
- No guesswork – one customer noted that there was no guesswork needed to make excellent cappuccinos each and every time.
- Noise level – although we did find one customer who said the grinder in this machine was noisy, another said it was much quieter than another previous machine owned by that customer.
- Appearance – The Philips Saeco Intelia is held in high esteem as far as looking great on counter tops, as well as its compactness.
- Noise level – one customer at the Philips Saeco site reported that this machine was very noisy. Although grinding of coffee beans does make some noise, the customer was encouraged to explore whether maybe something had become stuck, such as a pebble or a piece of wood.
- Cup Height Accommodation – one customer advised that they felt the spout was not able to accommodate tall enough cups.
- Cost of Filters was considered pricey – however, using filtered water will greatly decrease the need to change the filter.
- Beans feeding into the grinder was also a problem with some first user, which soon was resolved by removing the plastic protective shield used for shipment..
- Inconsistency regarding coffee bean type used – one customer made mention that this machine was very “picky” as far as the types of beans that would grind effectively in this machine. Note that most machines that have built-in grinders do not tolerate really oily coffee beans very well, and you are better off using a less oily bean, such as a medium roast, rather than a dark roast, which tends to be oiler.